Monday, April 7, 2008

Just what I needed to hear..

Elder Ballard's talk in General Conference on Mothers was "just what I needed to hear." I can't wait to get the Ensign containing all the conference talks, so I can go back and read this one as well as the rest; but until then.. here are a few of the things that I made note of:


~ The JOY of motherhood comes in "MOMENTS." Live in the moment MORE! Don't be in such a HURRY... Treasure the DOING a little more & the GETTING IT DONE a little less.

~ Don't over-schedule yourself or your kids. Make unstructured time where real parenting can take place and you can listen, laugh and enjoy each other.

~ Make time for yourself with good and wholesome things that replenish you. Pick 1-2 new things to learn how to do.

~ Pray, study and teach the gospel.

~ Talk to your husband about each child and their individual needs.

~ Love your children deeply and prioritize them, along with your husband above all else.

~ Ask Heavenly Father to help you find JOY & HAPPINESS in your role as a DAUGHTER of GOD.

4 comments:

La said...

I too loved this talk. It was like he was talking to me. I am so looking forward to this next weekend. Cause frankly spending time with you and your family is always inspiring for me.

Kara said...

LOVED IT!! I turned it up really loud in the car so the whole family could hear!

Elisa said...

I really needed to hear that talk on that day! It was wonderful...

Jacy said...

Agreed! I LOVED that talk!!!! Can't wait to read it and highlight and read it over and over again! : ) How are your homework issues going?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...