So here's my kitchen, and although it's still a little bit of a work in progress.. the bulk of what we planned on doing with the remodel is finished and I've been LOVING it, even with some of the old lights missing and the wires hanging out of the ceiling!!!
What still needs to be done to finish what we started:
*some electrical changes & install new lighting
*paint top portion of wall above cabinets
*order the scalloped edge pull down blinds for windows above sink and side bay windows
*frame in and dry wall a top section of the wall where the desk used to be to accomodate the sliding hardware system for the old barn pantry door
*sand over wall repairs where the desk used to be and repaint
*buy and install curtain rod above sliding door and hang curtain
That should wrap up phase one of the kitchen remodel but in order to look at the whole thing and say it's completely finished, I still have another phase of bigger projects that I want to have done (wood planked ceiling, painting my wood floor and replacing my sliding glass door with double dutch doors!!!) Even know that's only three more things, they're all pretty big things to have done in and of themselves so I'll just have to try and be patiently waiting while we save for and do them when we can!
Just for the fun, let's take a stroll over the years through some random photos of my kitchen..
This is what it looked like when we bought our house back in 1998. All oak cabinets with brass fixtures. YUK! Eewww.. and those ugly stools!
Then a few years ago I felt my style shifting in a big way and I found that turquoise tea kettle in the photo below and that's what started my planning of a white vintage farmhouse kitchen with turquoise and yellow and touches of red.
Slowly... I started weeding out existing decor and furniture, giving it away and selling it and using the money to replace what I'd sold with new things for my still un-remodeled kitchen. I'd been dreaming of lightening everything up for so long, but I knew we didn't have the money for a big kitchen remodel yet so last fall 2010 I repainted the walls in my family-kitchen-dining area and painted over that darn faux brick backsplash I'd grown to hate with a passion.. and between that and my new white dining table I'd gotten a few months before, it carried me through until we were able to start the big remodel this spring!
And now... I have my new almost finished white kitchen and I'm swooning over it everyday!
Here's some links to posts about the remodel:
*I'm linking up to Jennifer Rizzo, whose kitchen transformation was a big part of my inspiration!!! My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia's link party, love her blog too! And..





22 comments:
It's beautiful Sandee! And looks like tons of work. I can't wait to see the sliding door. Where did you find the hardware? I looked for some 3 years ago and couldn't find it.
AMAZING!!! I love it.
I'm here from Jennifer Rizzo's site and I LOVE how your kitchen turned out. We did something very similar with the open shelving and beadboard, but I love all of the color you used in your kitchen! It looks so cheerful and fun. I might need to copy some of your fabulous ideas! Lovely job!
You have the most wonderful kitchen I have ever seen! Seriously I love it! I'm going to make notes now of what I can copy!!
This so wonderful, love it, love it....did I say I love it!! HAHA! Great Transformation! Visiting from Jennifer's.
So beautiful!!! When I decide to remodel my kitchen I know who to call:) I love it!!
Love your kitchen especially the bright fun accent colors! I've been wanting to redo my kitchen for the past 3 years and seeing beautiful white kitchens definitely makes me want it done even more.
I love how it turned out - so beautiful!! I love bright colors, so this is right up my alley. I have a red eat sign ;)
I am following you too - glad I found your blog.
xo
Ashlyn
Wow, I popped over from Jen Rizzo's blog and girl you have done amazing things with that kitchen!! I love the way it looks, love the turquoise accents and all your pretty dishes and to think you have 5 little ones to take care of and you did this...I can never complain again!! thanks for sharing, it looks fantastic!
Wow, I popped over from Jen Rizzo's blog and girl you have done amazing things with that kitchen!! I love the way it looks, love the turquoise accents and all your pretty dishes and to think you have 5 little ones to take care of and you did this...I can never complain again!! thanks for sharing, it looks fantastic!
It looks beautiful! I can hardly believe where it all began! I really love the pops of red with the turquoise too. Isn't it funny how our tastes change over time? Well done!
Jenny
www.EvolutionofStyleblog.blogspot.com
Good morning Sandee...so glad to meet you and I think I looked at your kitchen redo about 20 times...lol...It is wonderful, beautiful and so welcoming and gorgeous!!..we are in the middle of ours now....Hope you are enjoying it. Actually, you had me at 5 kids in 5 years....WOW...if you can do that, you can do anything...so glad to find you and am now following along...come on over for a visit...Happy Sunday, Mariaelena
Oh my! I absolutely ADORE this! love, love! You have done a great job. Thanks for sharing!
XO, Kate
Love your kitchen, so cute! Mostly though, I covet your refrigerator!
Someday, someday I will have a Samsung with a fridge drawer... :)
It is certainly swoon worthy! Fabulous job, everything is so pretty and shiny bright. And I adore that vintage turquoise color.
It looks fabulous! You did a great job. I wanna steal that fridge!
Such a charming kitchen. I really like the vintage vibe you've got going on. Everything is so beautiful. Newest follower.
I am in LOVE with your kitchen! I want it NOW. Too bad my husband doesn't like white cabinets...I need to convince him of how gorgeous they are! I think I'll use your photo as evidence :) I love the yellow crocks and the white subway tile!
So super cutesy & quaint! Love the colors!
I adore your kitchen!!! LOVE your vintage style. It looks so happy, fun, and cozy. Really, really nice job.
~FringeGirl
Love it! My favorite kitchen out of all that linked up to Thirfy Decor Chick! :)
I know this was posted about a year ago...but wondering where you got those yellow jars holding your utensils? Love them!!
Post a Comment