Tuesday, April 29, 2008

FINALLY, an alternative..



I've debated and debated over the whole "bunk-beds" thing... because I need more space to work with in the boys room for storage and mainly, because my biggest beef with bunk-beds is that it's hard enough to get them to make there beds as it is, and I just know that who ever sleeps on top bed will NEVER make their bed again and that it will drive me NUTS for the rest of my life! So, I FINALLY came across this great space saving system for two beds in the same room: where they would be able to make the darn things easier than bunk-beds, it looks good, and there's a lot of storage spaces included. NOW, there's only one problem... I don't want to pay Pottery Barn prices for it.

Any idea's???

I think I know a place that might be able to custom make something like it; but that may end up being just about as much. Hmm... I wish I knew how to do everything I wanted to do, ex: carpenter, landscaper, tile layer, electrician, the list goes on.. hee hee hee

3 comments:

La said...

I love that bed. Check BallardDesigns.com they have a lot pottery barn like stuff for less. Daph and Zane have bunk beds and Daph makes her bed everyday. :) Actually, we have system that allows her to cheat a little bit. Are you on another decorating kick???? Oooooh. I can't wait to see....

Jamie and Caro said...

Could you just make those regular beds and stick baskets underneath. We have rollout baskets under the boys bunkbed and that is were they store all their big train tracks and race car stuff. I like that Idea too. I also found a bunkbed called varsity beds that has all these different ways to create a bunkbed and there is one that looks like it would work for us-I hate bunkbeds too and because we got ours for free, we still use them and I hate it. Anyway, let me know if you want the website, I can look it up.

Elisa said...

Those are so cute! Unfortunately I need bunk beds, because we decided to multiply and replenish the earth ourselves in a 3 bd room house!! Caro's idea sounds great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...