Thursday, April 24, 2008

finally done.. well almost!

Here's a few pictures of Sydnee's room pretty much finished!!! I still need to put up the polka-dots through the pink stripe on the other three walls of her room and then Ta-Daaa!!!! I might add a bookcase and of course a headboard to her bed in a while and then maybe something on the walls here and there; but for now, it's good! She totally loves it, and it's nice to look in and feel that it's finished... It's so cute and girly, I even find myslef wanting to go in there and hang out!







I found these rockin' magnet boards and gritty little magnets at Quilted Bear.



I absolutely fell in love with the pink dress form in the picture above. I had been looking for something tall to add some heigth and dimension to the setting on the dresser and this was perrrrfect! I found it at Simply Splendid along with the cute pink star nails that are holding the magnet boards in the previous picture.



And.. as I mentioned before and you can see in the picture above, I need to finish bringing the polka-dots around the rest of the room; but other than that, I'm really pleased with the way it all turned out and am glad that it's finished and I can turn my focus to a new project!

8 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I love it. You do such a great job decorating. Did you paint the circles or are they that vinyl stuff?

I have read a couple of photography books and I have a good camera (Canon XT) which I think makes all the difference. It allows me to get good depth even though my lens isn't that great. I didn't love the books I read but the main thing I got out of them was to get super close.

Kim said...

Totally love it! Love the dress form, the stars hanging from the light, the polka dots, EVERYTHING! This was the perfect inspiration to get me going on Ella's room! I also was thinking of painting the master bedroom on Monday (as an anniversary surprise) can you paint a room in one day? Just asking the professional....

Sandee said...

Can you paint a room in one day?? TOTALLY - Go for it!!! I wish I was there to help you : )

La said...

I love the room!!! I am sure that Syd is so happy with it. It looks just like the little diva.

stacia said...

so so cute! i have a great new project for you to focus on...come decorate my house!! ha ha! you are so great at this stuff...

D- H - M Welch said...

Wow, Sandee you are a pro! Everytime i have any decorating questions my mom and sisters are always like "You should just call Sandee!!!" Its true.
Now, I need your ability to do our little maddox's room.

Kall said...

Sandee its the perfect room for Princess Sydnee!!! Its so fantastic and you are soooooo talented at the decorating thing. Always have been! I had some fond memories of doing the wall in your living room and straddling between the banister and a rigged up ladder on the stairs with you below me in case you needed to break my fall. LOL. Fun stuff!! Then we went and did my two walls in one night!

Kall said...

Also, thanks for sharing the tips on where you got some stuff unlike some people when you go "Oh that is so cute where did you get it??? and they are like ....Oh I uh don't remember....ya right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...