I finally did it! I had a Twilight series reading fest a week ago. I got the first one and started reading it on a Tuesday and was finished with the third one the next Tuesday. Probably would've been done sooner, but I could only neglect my family so much... LOL The second one was a bit of a drag for me until Alice finally showed up and things escalated from there. But all in all... I enjoyed & liked them a lot. I know you advised me not to read them La, but I had to.. there were way more people that loved them than not, and I had to find out for myself. : )
Anyway, as most of you know.. I'm all about music and it has a connection to just about everything for me, so I went to the Stephenie Meyer site and found her intended album playlist for the music she heard in her mind while writing/reading Twilight the first book. She did say that it evolves; but this is what it is for now. Some of it is not to my liking, but the ones I did like, I've added to the top of my playlist.
"Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" - Travis
"In My Place" - Coldplay
"Dreaming" - OMD
"Please Forgive Me" - David Gray
"Here With Me" - Dido
"Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)" - Billy Joel
*The words to this one are so fitting.
Whooaaa! The playlist for New Moon is GINORMOUS... I am going to add some more songs that I like from this list and also the playlist for Eclipse later when I have some time to go over them. So check back later for additions to this post.
LATER:
HOLY MOLY!!! That playlist was huge... but I finally got through it. One cool thing that she did with this playlist was put the first letter of the name of the person after each song, so you'd know who's perspective she was hearing it from, so I'll do the same. New Moon playlist:
"Unwell" - Matchbox Twenty (B)
"Fix You" - Coldplay (B)
"Over My Head" - The Fray (B)
"Never Let You Down" - Verve Pipe (J)
"Memory" - Sugarcult (B)
"The Scientist" - Coldplay (E)
"Best I Ever Had" - Vertical Horizon (B)
"My Immortal" - Evanescence (B)
"Rest in Pieces" - Saliva (B)
"Everybody's Changing" - Keane (B)
"Unintended" - Muse (B)
"The Reason" - Hoobastank (E)
"White Flag" - Dido (B)
And that's that... I don't think I can handle going through the Eclipse playlist for at least a few days or maybe even a week or more... so I'll do a new post with any songs from that, if I decide to later. Until then, enjoy these and thinking about how they fit into the Twilight series!
***Sorry, I had to delete some of these songs off my playlist. They weren't totally my style and I was getting sick of listening to them, and I have a feeling that there will more dropping off in the next couple of days... LOL Anyway, it was fun knowing what some of the songs were that she connected to the books.
5 comments:
Well, I guess you can't always take me advice. Hehehe. Hopefully the movie will be better than those dreadful books.
Oh, I'm always open to advice La.. especially from you. I must admit, the second book was feeling pretty dreadful throughout a pretty big part of it.
ok, i think i am now officially the only person that has not read those books! i even have them... i have actually been thinking this week that i really should get reading them... my excuse last summer was that i would wait until it was cold and i wanted to just stay home... well now it is and i have yet to open the first book... maybe this week... or next...or the next....
What is with the werewolves???? I could almost believe the vampire thing, but in the 2nd book...she had to throw in the werewolves? I wish in the 2nd book she would have written more about when they went to Italy to meet the oldest vampire family in the world...I thought that was very interesting, she could have written more about that conflict...but the werewolves???? onto the 3rd book....am I going to make it through????
I KNOW.. I felt the exact same way. It was bugging me that she kept dragging the whole werewolf thing out, like it was really suspensful when from all the clue's she'd been giving.. I already knew that's what was happening to all the kids in La Push way back in Twilight. Enough already. Plus I wanted her with Edward, not Jacob.
I'm with ya on the whole Italy thing.
Post a Comment