Saturday, February 2, 2008

Together at Last...



Remembering this amazing and wonderful Man whom we knew as our Prophet will forever be inspiring to me. He has been my strength through all my adult years and married life. He became the President of the Church the year that I got married & in the beginning I had no idea how close I would grow to him and how much I would truly rely on his council and great example. I will always be so grateful...

I want to share some of my favorite quotes of his that have taken a special place in my heart and helped me to endure through the times of trial in my life and given me endless hope for what I can strive to become if I simply try.

"You can't, you don't build out of pessimism or cynicism. You look with optimism, work in faith, and things happen."

"Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out."

"We (women) are 50% of the membership of the church and Mothers of the other 50%."

"Be a prayerful people. Serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart & soul. Let the blessings of Heaven rest upon you."

"In all of living have much fun & laughter. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured."

- Gordon B. Hinkley


2 comments:

La said...

What a man. I am grateful for his example. I love all your quotes. Very uplifting.

Kim said...

I watched the funeral yesterday, and was so inspired! He was an amazing man...I love all the quotes. P.S. The new look on your blog is amazing, since you helped redecorate my house, do you want to redecorate my blog??? Hee...Hee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...