McKynlee absolutely loves to be thrown in the air and she never gets tired of it. She wears us right out before she ever wants to stop, or I should say is "OK" with stopping and moving onto something diffrent. Her darling smile and excited squeals and giggles are so hard to resist, that we just keep doing it until we feel like we're going to pass out. -Tee hee hee
Yay, we're back!!! It's so good to be home. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoy our trips to Philadelphia, it's such an awesome place to see mainly because of all it's history; but it can be a stressful and anxious trip too, due to the fact that both times we've gone its been for McKynlee to have surgery. It's been the greatest thing though. She had 6 surgeries total last year all within a two and half to three month period before going to Philadelphia for her 7th surgery that was FINALLY a success, and she has done so much better since then developmentally too. The doctor said that he was very pleased with the space that the extender had created and that the big graph that they took from her bottom lip had held up really well from her frist surgery there, back in July. This time they were able to do something new that they've been looking forward to doing with her; but haven't been able to in the past because they just didn't have enough space to work with for it. They used something called a hydrogel implant, when they put it in at surgery it's pretty small and over the next 48 hours it grows 15x's it's size (to full capacity). She was uncomfortable for those first two days following surgery, so we just kept her medicated; but by Sunday she was doing well without any pain reliever and hasn't had any since. She's such a trooper! The doctor says he would like this one to stay in for 3-6 months and then we'll see if it looks like she's ready for a bigger one again. I'm just glad to be back home and on the road to recovery and normal development in other area's. Thanks to everyone who kept us in your thoughts and prayers, we really appreciate it and especially to my parents who did an excellent job watching our other kids while we were away and creating a magical and spiritual experience for them to enjoy on Easter even know we weren't here to celebrate with them. They all just about did a back flip over their Easter baskets, they got to wear their Easter outfits and go to church, watch a good Easter movie about Jesus Christ and the Resurrection and at last.. they ended the day over at Grandma and Grandpa Sosa's for dinner and an Easter Egg Hunt with all the cousins. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of their experience because we had the camera with us in Philly. However, I do have some pictures of McKynlee. We were invited to spend Easter with the family of the Counselor for Micropthalmia that I first came in contact with in Philadelphia and helped me get the ball rolling with surgery over there and many other things that are always a work in progress. She is amazing and has offered us so much guidance and helpful information. Anyway, Easter with her family was incredible. It was at her parents house and there were at least 30-40 people all together. There house was beautiful and very inviting. EVERYONE in her family was more than welcoming and willing to share their holiday with complete strangers. They acted as if they'd known us forever. They were a very tight knit family and a lot of fun to be around. The food was soooooo good too!!! I wish I had some of the recipes to bring home and make. They hosted a Easter Egg Hunt for all the little kids and McKynlee found 2 eggs. She loved walking around outside and feeling the wind hit her face and blow through her hair.
I just have to mention too, how very thankful we are to Andres' company for offering to pay for our entire trip to Philadelphia.. plane tickets, rental car, AND hotel. What a blessing and a generousity we will never forget. Thank you... Now all we'll have to take care of is medical bills.
3 comments:
Just saw a link to your sight from Rochelle's blog! Howe are you? What a beautiful family you have! Is McKynlee one of your twins? I don't have a blog, but would love to keep in touch with you. Still in Orem? Have a great day and email me when you have a chance! emily (harkness) summers
I am so in love with these pictures! It looks like McKynlee is doing very well, and that this surgeon that you found in Phil. is amazing! I am so happy to see that it was a success....and she looks so happy! What a beautiful Easter Sunday...
OH! I am so glad that the surgery was so successful. Kynlee looks beautiful. I have been thinking and praying for you guys. I hope that it is all good news from here on out. OH and Easter with your parents would be a blast for anyone. Me included.
Post a Comment