Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas @ The Gathering Place... {part 1}

(This is a wreath I made years ago.. last year I updated the ornaments on it, this year I hung the blue ice skates I found @ the thrift store!)
I've taken a completely different approach to decking the halls of our cozy little home this year. My style has been evolving over the last couple of years and I'm finally implementing it in small & simple ways. Since I painted my kitchen/family/dining area in October it's given me a boost and allowed my new color scheme to flow much better! It's been making me really gritty.. despite the fact that there's so many things I still want to do in the way of bigger remodeling and updating projects around the house. 
 (My very most favorite part of this whole picture is the badly faded, watermarked black front door with a gold brass door knob! LOL... 
That's one of the things I would love to change on our home, wanna bring me a new front door Santa?? A dutch door preferably!)
I love this print, and especially that someone put it together and shared it for FREE! You can have one too, just click here. I found the vintage ceramic carolers at a thrift store right after Christmas last year and I've been dying to put them out all year long! I got the little vintage silver tree at one of my favorite local antique shops called The Planted Earth and the little mercury glass candle holders are from Target for only .99 cents!!! 
(I loved this idea from Pottery Barn, so I invented my own with fallen branches from our globe willow tree! 
This is for sure one of my favorite decorations this year!)
 (I got this double tier lazy susan from a consignment store while Christmas shopping on our anniversary last year!)
 (Tinsel wreaths from the dollar section @ Target tied & hung with polka dot ribbon!)
(My sister-in-law gave this little doily to me for my birthday. 
She found it in a box of fabrics she inherited from my grandma & knew I would love it 
since it's the same colors that I decorate with & especially since my grandma made it.)
 
 (Vintage Record Case from the thrift store & 1930's  candy dish from an antique store!)
 
 (Paper lollies I made a stuck in one of my glasses filled with left over sugar cubes from Sydnee's castle project.)
 (Big paper lolly in a glass vase with fake snow and cranberries!)
 (Cupcake stand thrifted with little glitter church ornament from Walmart, only $1.00 & fake snow!
Cake stand made with a plate & candle holder with ornaments & snow on top 
plus my thrifted white lamp base & white lamp shade I emblellised!)
 (I found this cute little book in the dollar section @ Target last year! 
The ideas inside are cute and the colors on the outside are so very gritty!)
 (More vintage record cases from the thrift store displayed on a plate rack!)
(White sparkle yarn trees I made this year!)

That's all for now...
Next up-
Christmas trees in the kids rooms!

4 comments:

La said...

You are a gifted decorator! I can't wait to see more.

Jamie and Caro said...

I love the blue and silver! You always have such great ideas. You are very talented! I wish I had your passion for decorating. I realized this year how muh I dread decorating for the holidays. I need some inspiration!

Wendi said...

We need a new front door too. I'm always amazed at how much your decorating styles change from year to year. You definitely have a gift. :)

Wendi said...

P.S. If you ever decide you don't want your statue of Santa kneeling over Jesus' manger, I would gladly buy that from you. It's my very favorite decoration of yours EVER. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...