Saturday, October 3, 2009

M & C's SpEciAl BiRtHdAy DiNNeR~

After all the morning and afternoon birthday festivities, it was time to get the house ready for all the grandparents to come and prepare the special birthday dinner menu. This is a tradition in our family, we always have the grandparents over for a special dinner to celebrate with the one {or two in this case} that are having a birthday! 



Everyone really enjoyed the dinner and dessert... I was really glad that it turned out so yummy! I love it when we have these birthday dinners with grandparents because it allows the kids to spend one-on-one, quality time with them in a quaint and quiet setting.. and that in and of itself is a gift!







Speaking of gifts... the boys were given some funny cards, a book, and in their words.. a lot of money! Good thing.. because they want to buy some games for their new DSi's. 






I remember them sitting right by the fireplace just like this, only in their little blue bouncers, all wrapped up like little baby burritos in their blankets 10 years ago and then in their little toddler overalls, laying on their bigger than them "kitty-dog" stuffed animals that Grandma & Grandpa O. got them for Christmas watching Toy Story more than a dozen times a day it seemed.. then they started school and learned to read and write... and now they're smart -n- handsome 10 year old boys that talk about things they are going to invent when they grow up, stay up late reading books, and on the way home from school tell me who their latest crush is.  



Make a wish!!!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

I especially love the pictures of them reading their cards. :)

Wendi said...

P.S. I also LOVE your mom's hair and the chalk in the new jar you bought. You certainly are the expert in all things "gritty". :)

Kim said...

We need some recipes from the yummy dinner posted! {Especially the pumpkin cake}

Hugh Family said...

I can't beleive they are 10!!!! Where does the time go? I'm so glad they had such a bash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...