Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Break + Gorgeous Weather = Gone Fishin'



We couldn't possibly resist... clear blue skies, autumn colored leaves, snow-capped mountains, 70 degree warmth... and no school! It was SOOooooo nice!!! We've been trying to make it fishing with my parents all summer and ever since school started, so with it being fall break for the kids we didn't hesitate even a second to get out on the lake.







I don't know why we don't have a boat.. well I do, they're expensive.. but seriously I L-O-V-E being out on the water with all the beauty to take in and I really think we need buy an old boat like we did our trailer. We have lakes just minutes away and it's practically a sin to not take advantage of it more often.



My Dad told Sydnee she was goona be the first to get a bite of the worm!





Chandler's pointing out on the radar that there's fish where we are at, and Marcus is gettin' a head start on his "the fish was that big" stories! Ha-ha-ha...



 Reeling in his catch!








My Dad has this old cassette tape of Indian drum music on his boat that he listens to every time he takes the boat out. We're all surprised that it still works actually, when you take it out to flip it over to play the other side, dust comes out of it. He says when he plays it, it calls the fish close to the boat. Har-de-har-har... Listening to it got Marcus to thinkin'... he was sharing some of his wise knowledge {he thought} about how there are no longer any Native Indians on the earth today with my Dad! It was pretty funny, when we told him that there actually is.. he said "Oh yeah, I know.. but not very many."




I heard these were really good so I bought some to try, this is my Mom giving them her stamp of approval. 





Tanner gave my Mom a reindeer mustache from his sticker book and this is my Dad's fishing hat that my Mom absolutely despises. Gee, I wonder why...










Chandler reeled in a fish three or four times and e-v-e-r-y time it got off the line before he got it to the boat! Darn it, maybe next time Chan.-





As soon as the sun went down and nightfall was upon us it started to get chilly especially with the wind blowing on the ride back to the dock. We had lots of fun!

5 comments:

Jamie and Caro said...

I love all your new pics! The one with you driving the boat is so vintage and cute. Thanks for all the great ideas lately. Christian had the best b-day ever. I never did find a plate, but found some sparkly 4th of july ones at walmart for .50, so I bought a bunch, but left his out for his b-day. Bought some balloons and man was he surprised on his b-day! I had no idea little things like that would make sure a difference. We finished off with Chuck E cheeses. He did tell me it was the best b-day ever...music to my ears!

Oh, I also told the kids Santa sent me a letter saying an Elf would be coming to keep watch...both boys are beyond excited! How fun this time of year is!!

Jamie and Caro said...

Hey Sandee,

The dirt bikes and helmets I believe are Alan and Elisa's. I know they at least had one dirt bike that was theirs (or two) and the other ones they borrowed from friends, the helmets were bought by Alan with a few borrowed from their friends. My boys had a blast. If you guys get the chance to go, you should do it. It makes being out in nature that much more exciting for little boys!

Kall said...

You lil' stinker....Your makin' me gritty!!! Please share with me how to do the darling "vintage" photo look. Marcus' fish story..hillarious. the pics of your Mom and Dad..priceless. I dont think there are too many things better than spending the day at the lake!!! Oh...check out my new blog background...I think it will temp you!!!

Jeff and Darlene said...

Hey you asked about my font on my blog and I changed it soo long ago I can't remember how I did it. Check the cutest blog on the block and check her free blogging secrets. I usually get most of my how to's there. Sorry if I remember I will let you know.

Jeff and Darlene said...

hahaha. I just checked there and that is where I got it. Hope it helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...