Friday, September 11, 2009

makin' the best of a sick day

Sydnee started feeling sick the day before yesterday, she kept waking up throughout the night and finally around 5 a.m. she woke up and barfed in the famous blue bowl that accompanies whomever is feeling sick wherever they go to prevent yucky clean-ups. I decided to keep her home from school yesterday to recover and not to pass anything to anyone else. The day played out like a roller coaster of ups and downs, feeling a little better and then sick again so the blue bowl followed wherever she went, though she never threw up again- thank goodness! AND she woke up feeling really good today and is back at school so we're glad it was just a 24 hr. thing.


While taking photos of my purple bday stuff I looked over to see her like this... it's just the pits when you're sick.


Afterwards, she peeked out from behind the bowl.



Tanner was so cute with her. He immediately started doing things for her and taking care of her the minute he found out she wasn't going to school and would be home with us for the day. I loved hearing the way he was talking to her, with a "Don't worry Syd, you'll get better" tone to his voice.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I was violently ill on Sunday night for about an hour and then I felt extremely worn out on Monday. After that, I was fine. I'm glad this flu bug didn't last very long and I hope the rest of your family doesn't get sick.

P.S. I'm so happy that you posted that newer picture as your blog header. LOVE it!! :)

The Perkins Family said...

awe...tanner is such a cutie pie. welp, I'm glad sydnee is feeling better!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...