One day last week, I made plans to go up and visit my Mom.. see her new living room makeover, go out to lunch and maybe a little shopping - whatever we could fit in before I needed to head back to pick up the older kids from school. Tanner came too and ended up taggin' along for some good old one-on-one time with Grandpa!
They:
- sat on the back patio together crackin' peanuts
- harvested a big bag of garden goodness for us to take home
- ate a sandwich for lunch
- Tanner combed Grandpa's hair and then...
- ...we came home to find the two of them all snuggled up together - Tanner's arm around Grandpa's neck in a tight bear hug, sleepin' on the big feather bed!
Needless to say... they had a fun day together~ {and I got to have a a good time with my Mom too, we ran onto some great deals and purchased early birthday gifts for each other! I'll share the goodies we found later.. they deserve a post all their own, just to give you a clue though: "They're very grape-a-licious!!!"}.
It was love at first sight!
This one, single, gloriously huge sunflower popped up through the gravel on the outside of their fence out back. It was so deliciously yellow and gritty that I just had to stop and take it all in!
3 comments:
haha...ive noticed this one single sunflower too when I stop over! :) Looks like pampa and tanner had fun!! I'll call you today about the knitting class and halloween gathering!
Whoa !!!! That is GRITTY !!! I am feeling very depressed after seeing these BEAUTIFUL posts because...well frankly...Im very behind!!!! Can I just pay you to post for me???You do such a great job!!! BTW I will be up sept 18-21. Doug has a meeting all day on the 21st...shall we do the Birthday lunch etc? Call me!!! What is grape-a-licious...I cant wait!!!
sounds like you had a great day! So fun that Tanner could spend time with your Dad. I just love your parents!
Post a Comment