Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stay-Cation: Day 5 ~ Game Night

Friday was supposed to be our day out on the lake fishing with Grandma & Grandpa but we had to make a last minute change of plans due to the weather, it started to get a bit stormy with lots of wind, and the lake is not a place you want to be in those conditions so early that morning we cancelled our fishing trip and decided to just stay home, rest, relax, recoup from our previous days big hike up Timpanogos, play with friends, and have a fun family night with pizza, treats & games. The kids were pretty bummed that we weren't going fishing at first, they've been really looking forward to it... but we told them that we'd try to fit it in on a day next week before they go off to school.

The kids had SO MUCH FUN playing this Sorry Sliders Game!!! It's a simple, quick game and the giggles were endless. If you don't have it, you should get it. I've been trying to find it forever it seems and could only find the regular Sorry game and I FINALLY found it at Target yesterday so I snatched it up in a jiffy for our game night.













3 comments:

Alisha said...

Looks like you have had a TON of fun this summer! Sometimes stay-cations are the best ones. The demo derby was fun...you should come next year. Hope your kids are getting excited for school to start...I know I am:)
P.S. I'm not really that great of a cook

Jamie and Caro said...

I haven't been to your blog for a LONG time! I loved all the pics and what a great idea to stay home and vacation....I think we may do that for fall break! You guys are such a cute family. I love how much fun you can have together and laugh at all the silly things. You are an amazing mom and I admire all your many talents. Your last post on Mckinley's Birthday had me in tears. You and Andres are such great parents. She is so lucky to have you both...not to mention what a great job you do with her! You amaze me! I hope we can see you guys at Bear Lake in September. I miss you and I know my boys would just have a blast hangin' out with your clan!!!

The Perkins Family said...

Sandra....sorry it takes me so long to answer back! I'm such a slacker!! About the curtains-- I havent even gotten close to making them yet. I need to make them for my sliding glass door and my two skinny windows. I was going to just make some cute panel curtains for the sliding door with ribbon tabs for the rod part and sorta tie the two of them with ribbon kinda like your cute white ones with the orange ribbon. And for the skinny windows I was gonna do either the carriage curtains with a sort of "belt" to hold them up (like the ones going into gardner village funiture store), or more like my moms with ribbon ties holding them up. I am NOT a pro at sewing and making curtains, so I'm actually going to have my moms assistance. Plus my sewing machine is in storage. so Im not sure If i can totally help a ton with making your curtains...but I'm sure my ma can!!! She is excellent at that kind of stuff!! Im going to look for fabric within the next couple weeks though. Let me know what you think!! PS..looks like you guys had a blast on your many staycatioins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...