Friday, August 14, 2009

Stay-Cation: Day 3 ~ The Gateway



Going to The Gateway for a "M.D.W. Night" as Marcus would call it {Movie.Dinner.Water. Night} has become a tradition of ours over the past three years. This year we started our time there by going to see the new movie, Aliens in the Attic. We practically had the entire theater to ourselves and the kids thought the movie was pretty funny. After the movie, the kids were acting silly like the less than intelligent, dweeb of a boyfriend that was being controlled by the aliens.





I love walking through the cobble stone streets of The Gateway.. the warmth of a summer evening, the colorful flowers, the tree-lined street, the shops full of eye candy for window shoppers like me, the goodies, the abundance of people to watch, the atmosphere all together!

We tried out a new restaurant there called "The Counter" a place where you can custom build your own burger or order one of their already to serve burgers. The food was good, but I really have to say that I've had better at JCW's in Utah County or even Granny's Drive-In up in Heber. It was still fun to try something new though and their sweet-potato-fries were worth it for sure!













I had to stop and stare at all the yummy-decorated apples at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory... I didn't get one of course because I knew we were getting ice cream later, but these made me start to feel a chill in the air and get all gritty for the most apple-licious season of all ~ Fall that is!!!




More window shopping.. I love these Anthropology dresses especially the one with stripes and a big fabric flower on top, but not the price! {Marcus took the picture, hence it's blurriness}.



My Forever Love..... I'm so glad it's me you adore...


You mean happiness to me... A joy beyond compare...


W = water...












Mmmm... I love me some Butter Pecan Ice Cream!



Gettin' my Urban Outfitters fill... I'm completely smitten with this blue vintage hat! {my birthday's coming up sweetie. **hint -- hint**}

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ok....these posts are so much fun! I love the pic of you and Andres and I think you should put it on the front page for your blog! Just sayin'....love the blue hat too and all the gritty stuff you saw at The Gateway.

Wendi said...

Ooh, I agree. That picture would look great at the top of your blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...