Today was Boondocks Day! The kids have been wanting to go here for-ever... We pass it on the freeway EVERY time we go visit my parents and they have been telling us ever since it opened {how many ever years ago that was, 3+} that they really, REALLY want to go, so of course it was one of the first things to make it on the stay-cation calendar of events.
Since there wasn't anything that would be of interest to McKynlee there, she and I went to visit and have dinner with my parents while the rest of the kids spent hours of endless active fun at Boondocks with Dad. I was really thankful to have that time to relax and spend good old quality time with my parents and just to know that I had at least five to six unstructured, uninterrupted hours with them was so refreshing. I don't get to enjoy that luxury as much as I'd like to... I love being at my parents house, it's the house I was born and raised in.. I can't help but reminisce when I'm there, this is kind of funny.. but I even thought while going to the bathroom there tonight - this is the very toilet that I was potty trained on. Ha ha ha~
We ate shrimp, coleslaw, sweet potato fries, corn on the cob and asparagus.. watched my parents 50th wedding anniversary dvd, my wedding video, and my nephew's wedding dvd, talked, painted my nails -n- toenails sparkly hot pink, looked through magazines, and played with Kynlee all along!
Back in Boondock-ville, Dad and the rest of the crew raced bumper cars & water boats, ate pizza, played lazer tag, oodles of games in the arcade, bounced all over in the jungle gym and need I say more... I ended up making the drive home because Andres was pooped.
It's All Good.. and was time well spent!!!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you posted these pictures! We went to Boondocks on our mini-vacation to SLC on Saturday. (We went to Hogle Zoo and Clark Planetarium on Friday.) But the weather was unexpectedly cool and John and Lance were freezing after the bumper boats. Then my memory card was full when John tried to take a video of me driving the slick track car at the end of the afternoon.
We played half a game of miniature golf in the beginning--but then the kids got bored. The kids decided not to do laser tag--just as we were going to put on the vests. However, we loved the XD Theater and playing air hockey.
I think your day with your parents sounded like the way to go though. I should consult with you more often... :)
I love your mom and dad's house. I almost have as many childhood memories there as my house down the street. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and your kids had a great time too....can't wait to see what you do today! good times!
I remember your wedding day. I'll never forget how gorgeous you looked. Watching you two dance made me fall in love with dancing. You guys were amazing, its crazy I remember yours more than mine. haha
Post a Comment