Sydnee's party with friends was a smashing hit!
Oh my goodness, I'd forgotten the level of screams and squeals that can come from a group of girls that big. all in the same vicinity. at a party! Whooaaa.. all I can say is the silence afterwards was thoroughly enjoyed!
I fell in love with these party plates and napkins that I found at none-other-than Target, and I based the rest of the design and decor of the party off of those!
Triple layer cHeRRy chip cake, with white VaNillA frosting, sPriNklEs galore & cherry fruit roll-up RosEtteS.. served with rAiNboW sherbet! {Target's brand of Rainbow Sherbet is the bomb, so creamy & delicious.. I'm just sayin'}.
Luckily, we ended up having a beautiful warm day and were able to take a lot of the activities outdoors. As the girls began to show up for the party we started a game of "bucket toss" where the girls would try to throw a bouncy ball and make it to one of three buckets containing prizes that they could choose from if they made it. One of the girls won a big jump rope, hence the spontaneous but ever-so-fitting game of jump rope going on in the street.
Lots of girls... + Party, fun & games... =
Makin' Nutty Faces & Uncontrollable Giggles!
Kallie ended up coming up for some dr. visits and was able to be with us for the party, Sydnee could hardly wait to see her and to have McKaela and RJ come to her party, thank goodness too.. I don't think I could have pulled it all off without the extra hands to help. Between myself, Andres and Kallie, this shin-dig kept us on our toes from start to finish!
More glimpses into the girls true personalities!!! {I had some serious good laughs looking back through all the pictures I took and seeing all the hilariously, funny expressions on their faces through out the night}.
I found these little polka-dot boxes to hold the loot at Zurcher's. Inside we put: spring colored Salt Water Taffies, a little box of Lemon Heads, a Smarties candy necklace, a sparkle ring, and a Hannah Montana Fruit Roll-Up!
All time party favorite pizza & ice cold Capri Suns were served for dinner!
Getting ready to let off BaLLooNs!!!
Every single person had their very own balloon to let off into the evening sky! Afterwards, we realized we had three more balloons that were tied to the porch for decoration, so we grabbed those and let Sydnee have a bonus let off of balloons for the grand finale!!!
The girls thought letting off the balloons RoCkEd, and Andres thought it was great since we wouldn't have a house full of deflating balloons over the next few days!
Instead of candles I opted for these cool cake topper sparklers that I found at Zurcher's as well. I stuck in normal straight ones around the bottom cake and a number "8" sparkler on the top level! The only thing, was it took a while to get them all started and then trying to get them all stuck in the cake before they blew out and take a picture was sort of a challenge, that's why Kallie's hands are still in the picture taking care of business. None the less, it was really cool and I'd do it again! It made the experience all the more magical!!!
Since you can't really blow. out. a sparkler... we waited for the sparklers to finish and then had her go through the motion of blowing out the candles and make a wish!
Headed back inside for cake and ice cream.~
To start wrapping things up {or un-wrapping things..} we went downstairs to open gifts and then the girls all cuddled up with their pillows and blankets and watched the movie Tinkerbell until their parents started coming to pick them up toward the end of the movie.
Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate Sydnee's birthday with her, it made her party a huge success!!!
5 comments:
whoa-pictures! I love all the pictures your posted. That was so much fun to see all the cute and funny faces the girls had. It looks like it was a smashing success!
What an awesome party and I love the idea of a "late-over"...so much better than a sleep-over!
Looks like lots of fun. I'm glad everyone had such a great--and loud and crazy--time! :)
That party was a GAS !! I feel for how your Mom and Dad used to feel with all us SCREAMING girls at you and Sherry's sleep over parties! Luckily these girls didnt stay all night...LOL!!!
Oh man, Sydnee is a LUCKY girl! That party looked like SO MUCH FUN!!! You are the cutest parents! : )
Post a Comment