Saturday, February 7, 2009

grateful for art, home & simplicity...

What Miss Sydnee does on a Friday night when no one can play and it's just her & I at home listening to the playlist of favorites... I'm busy cleaning up and designing/moving things around {what's new}. She's so creative and such a little artist. She asked me if we had a white board somewhere & I told her we had an old piece that used to be in Dad's office downstairs, next thing I know... she's making a huge checker grid on the entire white board, then she draws on a big flower and then she goes through and colors in each square from the grid one by one, changing the direction of the way she colors with the marker {vertical/horizontal}. I loved glancing over my shoulder to check out her masterpiece in the making & enjoyed this simple moment in time together.~


3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

That is a seriously big white board. She is a great artist and I love that she wanted to use an unconventional medium.

Wendi said...

What a creative, talented girl! She takes after her mom! :)

Hugh Family said...

i just ahve to say that isaac and i jam to the tunes on your blog at least 2 times a week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...