Saturday we had our family reunion and Tanner managed to play in water and until he was drenched from head to toe. Imagine that... When it came time for the long drive home, all I had to put on him was one of McKynlee's daipers. I figured this would be fine since we'd just be going straight home. Well, as we were getting close to home everyone started talking about how they were hungry and we remembered that we had been wanting to try out this new mexican restaurant called Got Tomales? that a family in our ward just opened. Next thing ya know, we've pulled into the parking lot and everyone is filing out of the car & into the restaurant, when I got back to wake up Tanner and get him out of his carseat, only then.. did I remember that he was practically naked. While putting on his shoes and his cowboy hat he'd been wearing earlier (somehow the cowboy hat made him seem more dressed), I thought "we can't go in here" but then I thought - "Oh well, we know the people so hopefully the No Shoes-No Shirt-No Service thing won't apply, plus he's only 3." At first he refused to go in. He had this look of shame and embarrassment; but after much coaxing I got him to at least get out of the car where he then moved to feeling silly and then once we got inside and were sitting down and eating he was quite himself.
*We did get a few looks, ya know.. the "Ugghhhh, I can't believe you would bring your kid in a public place like that." look. And I say, who cares... what's life without a little bit of spontaneity and excitement!!!
1 comments:
I love your attitude! People are way too stuffy these days!!! I'm glad you had fun and could have a laugh!
Post a Comment