Tuesday, August 12, 2008

AAAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



While waiting in the Walgreens drive-up for a prescription yesterday, Sydnee suddenly says "EEEWWWWW! What is that THING on the wall???" I start to turn my head to look over my shoulder and at first I'm thinking - Whoaaa.. that's a BIG beatle or moth, and then I do a double take and I'm like - HOLY CRAP, that's a BIG HAIRY BAT hanging on the wall!!! Uggghhh.. they are just the sickest animal ever, yuck. From then on, one can only imagine the comics of the moment. I'm trying to roll the window up at a record speed, and then my phone and wallet fall off my lap and I bend over to grab them, while still glancing over my shoulder at the new discovery and bump my head on the steering wheel, then we get ahold of ourselves a bit and decide we wanna try to get a picture with my cellphone. So I roll down the window only enough to let my arm out the window and I'm trying to get a good shot. We decide that we aren't close enough so I put the car in reverse and roll back a bit. I took three pictures hoping to get a pretty good one and then hurry and roll the window back up and drive forward a little big again. Then the lady comes up to the window to tell me about the medicine and take payment and she looks in the car and sees a family that looks like they are watching a horror movie, she then leans forward to try to see what we are freaking out about and realizes that there's a bat hanging on the wall just outside the window. LOL I barely rolled down the window long enough to hurry and put my card in the tray and roll it back up again. She then sends the medicine back out with my card and I'm so scared the darn thing is going to fly into my car, that I again roll down the window really fast, grab the bag of medicine and roll up the window on her while she's asking me if I have any questions about the medicine and I'm shaking my head no, no, no... and about to drive off while she's getting really animated seeing that she's trying to talk to me more through actions because I have my window rolled up, and she's trying to tell me not to drive off because I didn't take my card out of the tray yet. Anyhoo, once I finally figure out what she's trying to tell me, I'm like.. Are you kidding me, I have to roll my window down AGAIN! So I hurry and roll it down, grab my card and about roll my arm up in the window trying to get it back up again, and the kids all yell and then I'm screaming and they say, it moved it's head and looked at you. My heart was going a hundred miles an hour. ha ha ha We were laughing and freaking out all at the same time. We drove straight home and told Andres and the kids all wanted him to see it, so we ran right back out the door with him and the rest of the family and went to Walgreens to see the BIG HAIRY BAT on the wall as an adventurous beginning to our family home evening. 

In conclusion... let's just say that from now on when I'm waiting in any type of drive-up, I'll be carefully inspecting what may be lurking near by before I leisurely sit there with the window down. 

2 comments:

Wendi said...

What a crack up. I'm glad you all made it out alive... ;)

La said...

Yucky!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...