My favorite time of the day has always been dusk...
I love the colors and the shadows that are cast from the setting sun and the feelings it brings... I love that it's the time when Andres comes home from work & we gather back together as a family.. a time to have dinner, talk, laugh and play.. a time to be spontaneous!
A few weeks ago at dusk, after a long hot summer day.. I grabbed all the kids and off we went to get snow cones from our favorite place, Hawaiian Style Shaved Ice! You can get them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the bottom and it's so yummmy!
On the way back we had the music blastin' with the sunroof open and as we drove in the driveway none of us were done eating our snow cones yet so we decided to hang out in the car for a bit. Marcus finished and ran over to get some neighborhood friends to come out and dance & play to the music.. and pretty soon one silly thing led to another and we ended up having a spontaneous block party!!!
the neighbor boys
Chandler on top of the car peeking down through the sunroof
a whimsical picture of my favorite shade tree in our yard..
it's grown so fast that it's known as
"the tree of life"
throughout the culdesac.









1 comments:
I especially love the picture of Chandler and Mable at the end of the post, along with the picture of your front porch. :)
Post a Comment