..was a lot of fun this year.
It was a two day event. Saturday we took the kids to seven peaks water park for a couple of hours and then we had Andres' parents over for dinner under the tree. We had pizza and bread sticks served with a big green salad and watermelon. For dessert we had orange creamsicles!
We enjoyed the warm summer night eating and visiting under the tree, exchanging gifts and watching the kids play. The boys have been a little overly obsessed with the electric fly swatter lately. They were trying to find ants to fry with it.. and that they did. Such a boy thing to do...
-hugs & giggles with papa-
Sydnee wanted to get something for Andres that he'd really like.. so I told her he'd been talking a lot about wanting the new Glenn Beck book and she was so excited to go with me and use her very own money to buy it for him.
Finding something for Andres this year was not hard.. we've been wanting to replace our 15 year old, totally worn out piece of a BBQ for the past couple of years for Father's Day and haven't.. so a few weeks before Father's Day we found a nice one for a reasonable price and decided this would be the year. He now has a brand new BBQ to get his grilling groove on with and that's cool because Andres loves to BBQ and I hated the trashy-eye-sore look of the other one!
He also had a list of a few other things he was interested in.. One of his all time favorite stores is Williams Sonoma! He loves to cook.. and I love that he loves to cook!!! He wanted their lemon squeezer and I got him a few other things to go along with it.. amongst his favorite was definitely the bottle of balsamic vinegar that's been aged for twenty five years. Oh how he loves a big salad with some good olive oil and balsamic vinegar!
Sunday was the day to celebrate with my Dad. After church we went up to my brothers house and had a southern style supper. My mom made her famous-have-to-have-seconds fried chicken, Kim made fresh corn and black bean salsa served with chips, potato salad and rolls and I brought sweet corn on the cob, a big glass container of a yummy orange-pineapple-pina colada drink with crushed ice & raspberries and two cakes for dessert, lemon glaze bundt cake and five layer rainbow cake. Mmm.. Mmm... Good!
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures on Sunday. My hands were usually full of some tasty portion of our supper or busy playing with Kynlee. Now I wish I had taken the time to get at least one with my Dad. The kids made him the cutest handmade cards with personal messages and we gave him a big box of bullets and clay pigeons for going shooting!



1 comments:
I love those pictures of your kids gathered around Andres. :)
Post a Comment