Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hayride to the Pumpkin Patch

Unfortunately, I'm so behind with blogging the Halloween festivities that I'm just starting with our family night hayride to the pumpkin patch.-- It was a Monday night and we only had one lonely pumpkin sitting on our porch {that's so unlike me, usually I have people asking me if we own a pumpkin patch farm, I wish - sigh...} I had been gone for a week to visit my sister and now I was back home with Hallow's Eve quickly approaching and not more than one pumpkin in site. *Gasp!*




 It was COLD... I knew McKynlee wouldn't appreciate the long, bumpy ride and Andres really needed to work, so I told the rest of the kids to bundle up and head to the car. I wasn't sure that we'd make it in time for the last hayride to leave for the patch but we did! We stopped at Dairy Queen on our way out of town and headed out through the blistery cold winds to Southridge Farms in Santaquin. I love that red barn so much I could live in it! Well actually I would like a white farmhouse on a big piece of land with that big red barn out back for barn dances -n- parties!!! Now that would be heaven.~








Gotta love Chandler's idea of "bundling up..." Can't tell if that face is him just bein' silly or from feeling the rigid gusts of wind rushing up his shorts!!!
Brrrrr------






Back at the barn... Chandler looks like he's borderline hypothermia and don't ask me why Marcus is holding some odd-shaped pumpkin we didn't bring back from the patch, in not the greatest spot for a photo. Love that old chipped paint bench & Sydnee's cute smile though! Ha ha ha-





1 comments:

The Perkins Family said...

FUN!!! It does look cold! Love the October festivities. Now lets get ready for turkey day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...