I am not committing to a "Flashback Friday" every week; but I do think it will be a fun way to reminisce about events and different experiences that have come and gone, some long ago.. and some in more recent years.
Seriously, can my hair be any higher?? Ya gotta love Cher's too, she's pullin' the big and fluffy Charlie's Angels look! We had so much fun though, and that's what counts! It was like being Cinderella for a night. The dance was held up at the State Capital Building in Salt Lake City and it was all so magical and fairy tale like. I went with one of the coolest guys ever. He and I grew up together & had been ballroom dance partners for years and I loved him for the exceptionally good person and best friend he was. He always made me feel very special and treated me with the up most respect and I was so proud to be his date for the night! If I could go back and re-live a day of my life, this would definitely be one of them.~
Remembering prom and this great guy that I was so blessed to know, grow up with, dance with, go to prom with and stay friends with throughout his mission and even after for a while until we went our seperate ways with college and marriage. Until.. not meaning that we are no longer friends; but that we just don't get to see each other hardly ever anymore. It made me remember a really meaningful letter that he sent me from Taiwan when he went there to teach english after his mission. I wanted to scan it; but of course.. technical difficulties- so I'll type what it says and hopefully add a copy of the original later. (This is good though because I would have to type it out anyway, due to a picture he typed the letter over, making it hard to see the words). He titled the letter:
"A Different Point of View"
Dear Sandee,
As you can see I am writing from a different point of view. I chose this term for a reason. This letter is different from any other letter that I have ever written both visually and in content. I wanted to send you this letter and tape to let you know how much I appreciate you. I don't express things like this very much but I felt I needed to tell you because of how good of a friend you are to me. I don't think you hear this kind of thing enough from those of us who are associated with you.
First, I would like to thank you for your patience. sense of humor, and dedication that you had when we were dance partners. It was while I was your partner that I fell in love with dance and a major part of that is because of you. Thanks for keeping dance fun. I never liked it when competitors would get so caught up in winning that they couldn't have fun. I never had to worry about that with you, of course we worked hard and wanted to win, but I think we mutually kept things in perspective and danced because we love to dance.
Second, I think you will never know how much I appreciate the support you gave me before, during and after my mission. I can't tell you how great it was to see you at the airport when I came home. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and sensitivity.
Third, when I came to Taiwan I brought a few tapes with me and when looking through these tapes, I realized that a lot of my favorites were ones that we made together or that you gave me. Then as I reflected back, I realized that I don't think that I had ever made you a tape. Thus the enclosed tape is a desperate attempt to pay you back. Thanks for all the little things you do, not only for me but for all of us.
Now if this letter is just a little too sappy for you, just rip it up and keep the tape. The letters purpose was just to let you know that I do notice and appreciate the little things that you do, and by now you know so the letter has fulfilled its purpose.
I hope you don't mind me writing you this letter, but I thought you deserved to hear these things FROM A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW.
Thanks Dave- you'll probably never realize how much that meant to me, especially at the time... and it's great to be able to go back and read it too.
This guy also pencil sketched a picture of me from a photograph one time. I'll try to find it and add it for another "Flashback Friday."


3 comments:
Sandee, I loved hearing that letter. That is so Dave. I feel very lucky to have also been his friend. We run into him every couple of years out here in Herriman. Thanks for that flashback. It made me laugh and cry. You truly are that person.
Sandee- How sweet is Dave. He was right on with this letter you ALWAYS made dance so much fun, I have so many memories of you laughing until you had to pee and making every moment fun. I love my memories of dance and the friendships that were formed there will forever be charished
Love seeing these old pics. You look FABULOUS darling.....
Post a Comment