Marcus & Chandler each potted me scarlet geraniums at scouts and when they went on their field trip to Color Me Mine they both were planning on giving me the mugs they made there as a surprise (they know how much I love my hot chocolate mixtures).
Sydnee gave me a whole bag of goodies! She loves to put together and give people gifts. At school she filled out the little questionaire about me, made bath salts and a little magnet with her picture, and personalized some chore coupons for me to redeem. In the blank on all the coupons, the word she filled in was "neverending," so for example, one said "I will clean my room (neverending) times." It made me laugh. She was so proud and excited to give them to me and was thinking to myself, "hmm.. we'll see how long the "neverending" part lasts." Nevertheless, it's the thought that counts right! As you can see, she also made me a card and threw in some gum and a saftey pin necklace she made at home.
These are McKynlee's little creations from school to me. They had her stamp her hand print all over the big blue paper in different colors of paint and glue on all the confetti. She also made the little star with puffy shapes and potted me a flower!
As for Andres.. I told him that the best present he could give me, would be to give me that Saturday right before M-Day without pulling out his computer and doing ANY work and instead, work with me at getting things done in the yard that I needed his help on and around the house. He kind of rolled his eyes like, "That's what you want for Mother's Day???" Anyway, he did it and I was so happy; but then he went out and still bought me gifts. I seriously would've been completely content with the two dead bushes we pulled from one of our flower beds and divider that he fixed by the firepit that's been sticking up out of the ground FOREVER and the new divider he put in between one of our flower beds and the neighbors yard, where their grass kept growing into our flower bed, etc... but I'm not complaining about the new wireless mouse, & other loot for my Mac that he surprised me with. He also got some Fiskars gardening tools for Tanner to give me. Wahoo, I'd say I scored!!! I got a lot of things done around the yard/house that I couldn't have done without him, PLUS some great gifts. The handmade one's were the best of all!
2 comments:
You deserve a great mothers day!!! I am glad that you had a great day.
Your kids are darling! Seriously, could they have been any more thoughtful on Mothers Day!!?? Love all your Mothers Day surprises!
Post a Comment