The kids had a blast playing together. R.J. is such a clown and has my kids fully entertained at all times. All six of 'em sacked out on their new basement floor like a bunch of sardines in blankets for a big slumber party each night. They laughed 'til their tummies ached blowing up balloons and watching them fly through the air with a screaming noise like a deflating torpedo coming in for a big landing and McKaela told the joke of the weekend:
- What happened to the Indian??? He drank too much tea and drown in his teepee!
Friday, the weather was really nice. Kallie and I packed a picnic and took the kids to the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument for a hike to see the naturally formed rocks that resemble toad stools. I took a ton of pictures.. as usual!
(Ya gotta go.. when ya gotta go!)
If you look closely you'll see sand in McKaela's teeth!
What?
Yeah, she was eating the sand.. Kallie kept telling her to stop but she seemed to think it tasted like ice cream.
She must be craving some minerals...
(Tanner laid down on this big rock for a little rest in the sun and it totally reminded me of my Dad.. he loves to lay down for a nap outside and he always wears a hat and puts it over his head like Tanner did)
(Whenever the boys take a picture of me or anything for that matter... they take a gazillion, one right after another. So this is what Chandler calls a slide show of me!)
(We think this bird was a Golden Eagle that we saw land on top of a big rock mountain while eating our picnic, it's wing span was huge!)
...and that's the end of our hiking adventure and picnic in the sun!
When we got back into town, we stopped for a some bottles of water and headed to the park where:
- Marcus learned the hard way, got a sliver from a cactus & sat around with a sore finger the rest of the time
- Chandler mastered jumping out of the swing and got pretty dang high
- Sydnee & McKaela did the spider
- Tanner & RJ loved the slides
- Kallie & I gave underdogs
- Some random little girl with an unattentive mom decided our waters looked good and tasted a little from every bottle
- and just before leaving for home we competed in some races together
(Now that's high!!!)
(Look Mom.. No hands!!!)
On your mark.
Get set.
GO!
After showering all the kids... we ate a yummy homemade meatball and spaghetti dinner + garlic bread & salad, tucked the kids all in with a movie and then we played cards!
What a fun day!!!
..and for the rest of the trip, I'll post that later.
3 comments:
Love the "fire power" picture with Marcus and Tanner. The pictures of Tanner peeing and relaxing were a crack up. And I'm surprised Chandler didn't break a leg jumping out of the swing that high. You're such a cool mom to race with your kids! Thanks for sharing the fun. :)
the sunshine is making me want to take a vacation. I'm getting a bit tired of the cold weather. It looked like you guys had a blast. How do you manage to travel with your kids? I'm going to Utah in 2 weeks with the kiddos and I'm completely DREADING the drive and the hassel. I almost want to play a slide show of Utah and call it good. I'm so lame...
Nothing like a little break for the kids! You're such a good mom!
Post a Comment