Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Xanadu Flashback!!!

Don't know why... 
but I'm having a total XANADU flashback today! 




I even wanna put on some roller skates, a flowing dress with legwarmers and ribbons to blow with the wind through my hair as I skate and sing at the top of my lungs like theirs no tomorrow! It'd all play out so much better too if it were a hot, summer-y day out... but this cold, winter-y day doesn't hold a chance of keeping me from dancin' and singin' to all the Xanadu songs around the house! 



You should try it.. I guarantee it will bring a hop to your step with twirls and spins galore, you may even feel like a Solid Gold Dancer.. bursts of song like your on Broadway.. a silly-youthful feeling... and you might just find yourself whistlin' too!!! 


{I totally looked forward to this show coming on every Saturday night! I remember, I used to try and swing my head around-and-around-and-around-and-around.. like the black chick with the way long ponytail!!! Hahaha} Speaking of good TV shows back in the day, anyone remember American Bandstand hosted by Dick Clark??? That was a great show too, we used to crank the T.V. up and do our chores to that with a little dancing in between! 

Can't beat that on a gray January Day!

*Turn up the volume.. I've got a five song line-up at the top of my playlist! All you need to do is let loose and party like it's 1980 again!!!  If you just don't get the whole XANADU thing and you're havin' a hard time feelin' it... bare with me 'til I'm over it!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

I used to love my Xanadu tape back in the day! Thanks for the memories. You crack me up. :)

Jen Allred said...

I love all of your posts! You are so creative, fun, and have exceptional style and taste. Thanks for all the comments you leave, I on the other hand, am terrible about leaving comments. But I do check your blog and enjoy your writings!!

Hugh Family said...

One of my first memories of your mom was when Elisa and I were younger, we had a girls night at your moms house. We watched Xanadu and had a slumber party in the basement. That must have been like 13 years ago. Good times!! And how time flies! BTW I stole a bunch of songs from your blog, hope you don't mind.

Kall said...

Ahhhh Xanadu. One of my favorites that Doug makes fun of me all the time. It was magical was it not?!!! Cant wait to see you this Week !!!!!!!!! We on for saturday?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...