This little guy is my tag-along! He's growing up though and our tag-along days are numbered. Next year he's off to Kindergarten five short days a week, instead of three and the next year he's officially a big boy, off to 1st grade five whole days a week! It makes me wanna cry just thinkin' about it...
I must treasure these numbered days we have together, make the best of 'em! This, and the growing up of the rest of my little kidlets ever so quickly brings me to my "one little word" that represents the way I want to live my life this new year, the year twenty-ten.. and that word is:
-treas⋅ure-
-verb (used with an object)
1. to retain carefully or keep in store, as in the mind.
2. to regard or treat as precious; cherish.
Treasure is what I'll strive to do each day this year.. there's always something to treasure, even on the worst of days. Blessings that could never be replaced by any material thing, the blessings of children laughing and gift of being a mother.. a faithful & hardworking husband to grow old with.. good parents to cherish and learn from.. strong health.. a feeling of happiness & safety in your home.. respect and love for one another.. service.. friendships young & old.. a testimony of the gospel and the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.
If you stop and look around, there's always something to treat as precious & cherish; to retain carefully or keep in store, as in the mind.-
What's your
"one little word"
of inspiration
for 2010?
{stay tuned for some the dang funniest New Years Eve photos you've ever laid eyes on...}
4 comments:
What a beautiful picture of you two. I love that little Tanner. He is a kick in the pants.
I think I might adopt your word.. treasure... very inspiring! Love Tanner Drew :)
My word for the year is JOY. :)
I loved reading all of your updated posts, but this one really spoke to me. I think the older I get (eek-gad!) I more I realize how BLESSED I am really am. Maybe it more appreciation with age?? Anyway recently Shane and I were sitting on the couch watching TV, the kids had gone to bed, our home was warm and cozy. I just had an overwhelming feeling of contentment. I was just SO happy. It's the simple things really.I LOVE, LOVE, your motto for this coming year-Treasure. I may have to borrow it from you! Love you!!
Post a Comment