Kenzie & Beau got to fly out to Utah all by themselves for a month long visit! My kids have been sooooo excited for them to come.. we really wish that we lived closer, but the great thing is... that it doesn't matter how much time goes by between seeing each other, they all just fit right back in where they left off from their last visit (sometimes a whole year before). No awkwardness what-so-ever, no forming of "special groups or clicks" with the attitude that "Oh I'm 3, 8, 12.. 20 years older than you so therefore I couldn't possibly hang out with you, that just puts me in a whole different league." or whatever the immature attitude attached to it might be, I H.A.T.E. that, you can't have good, peaceful feelings when crap like that exists. Some people you just mesh with, they accept you and it doesn't matter what your age... you just love to be around each other and can't wait to see each other again, and when you do it's all about that.. it's what real, true relationships possess and I'm so thankful that my kids have that special bond with Kenzi -n- Beau and my brother's kids also, who are all considerably older than mine. It's a gift, and one that can't be a fake put-on... only sincere~ It comes from the heart!
The day after they got here we took our little overnight road trip to see the Manti Pageant which was fun! Then they went home with my parents for the rest of the weekend. Sunday my parents brought them down to our house to sleepover for a few days. We went to the pool all day Monday and Beau got fried.. along with my legs. OUCH! Hence, Tuesday we stayed inside most of the day playing games, watching movies, etc... Tuesday night my Mom came down to sleepover with them and Wednesday we had a big day out! We hit two thrift stores and found treasures galore - went to lunch - and to see the new Ice Age movie! Now they are with their Dad's side of the family and my kids can hardly wait until it's their turn to come back and visit with us again before they go home. We have some more fun things planned.. the biggest that they are looking forward to, is Lagoon Day!!!!
2 comments:
I love the picture of Tanner. And I love good relationships like the ones you wrote about. Any luck with the house selling/buying, etc?
You ever go to Manti again without having me meet you there I will have to kick your a** LOL!!!
Post a Comment