It's a good Thursday to revisit my "Thankful Thursday" tradition, I haven't posted one in a long time...
- McKynlee's conformer has been starting to rotate & come out of her eye since the weekend, so I called the doctor first thing Monday morning and they made an appointment to take a look at it for Wednesday (yesterday). When they saw it, we all decided it would be best to try to fit her into the doctors schedule for surgery in the morning (today). He explained that this one would end up being more extensive than normal. Lately (over the past 9 mo. - year) when it has come out, we've just taken her back into surgery to reposition it and re-stitch it into place, but this time he will be taking a graph from the inside of her cheek to use to create more space in the socket after removing scar tissue and opening up the outside of her eye more, then repositioning it and re-stitching it in again. We've been through all these things before... I don't know why.. but yesterday I just felt so bad after getting the news that surgery would be in the morning. It's not like I didn't already know that surgery was the next step.. but the next morning and more extensive than many of the last surgeries... I shed some tears on the way home and then through out the day off and on. Sometimes I just feel like there are enough challenges associated with her visual impairment alone that I wish we didn't have the surgeries to go through as well. The day went on and I was waiting to hear from the hospital for the pre-registration over the phone and the instructions for what time to be there in the morning and what she can & cannot have to eat/drink and until when... The call finally came and in the process the girl realized that we had new insurance since our last surgical procedure two days before Christmas, and our new insurance was not one that would cover us having surgery with this specific hospital. By this time it was too late in the day to fit her into a schedule at another facility. When the doctor's nurse called to deliver this message and that we would have to wait until Tuesday morning of next week, I was so thankful... I just felt the worry and stress flow from my body and I was able to relax a little. I just needed a few days to prepare and that's what I got, so off to surgery we go next Tuesday.
- Tanner has got to be the funniest darn kid ever!!! Look at these two pictures and see if you can figure out what he possibly could've said after "Look Mom..." while eating dinner the other night.
Answer:
"Look Mom, they're boobs!!!"
- Music... brings me so much comfort, emotion, inspiration, escape... I added some old favorites, new-found treasures & good-old fun listening songs to the beginning of my playlist and it's making me smile & dance about! Enjoy.~
5 comments:
Sandee your kids are so precious and so hilarious all at the same time! What a lucky bunch!
BOOBs? Funny. LOL Funny. I am glad that you got so time to prepare for Kynlee's surgery. My prayers will be with you.
We'll be praying for you too, Sandee. Hope everything goes well! :)
I hope all goes well with her surgery. We will keep her in our prayers and the family as well. And Tanner is so funny. I love reading all the crazy stuff he does. He sure seems to enjoy life to the fullest. Sometimes I wish I could do some of the things he does, it was just be fun.He such a cute kid.
Hey guys! Ryan says, a little man after my own heart! That's hilarious!
Post a Comment