Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Snow. General Conference. A Mustache. A Ballerina & Don't 'Cha Wish Your Girlfriend Was HOT Like Me?

This is what we woke up to on Sunday morning.
We went from gorgeous, warm spring weather to snow. snow. and more snow. But.. we didn't mind because the weekend was a time to snuggle up in the house and listen to general conference. Inspiring talks given by the prophet and his apostles. This happens two times a year and we look forward to it each and every time. It's a great time to stop everything and gather together in the house for hours of encouragement, guidance, inspiration and building the bonds of family relationships.
My favorite talk of the entire conference was Richard G. Scott's. It was so tender, loving and sincere. So meaningful. So inspiring. So cute, the little notes and sweet things he & his wife put so much thought into creating and giving to each other. The dear, true love they shared and things they endured together. I loved it so much!

Yesterday I got a wild hair during homework time with Tanner and drew a mustache on him! He thought it was so funny... we laughed & laughed as he looked in the mirror acting out different mustache personalities. I think we both needed a little break!
This morning I dressed McKynlee like a little ballerina for school and she looked so cute I just couldn't stop giving her great big squeezes and twirling-n-spinning around with her in the kitchen making the layers of her ruffly skirt dance around!  

Wanna see something cute???
 
I've hesitated to share it because I know it's gonna cause some serious envy, 
and I hate stirring up any type of contention.. I'm a peace maker at heart!
This is the lovely-oh-so-adorable look I'm wearing around today! 
 Don't 'cha wish your girlfriend was HOT like me!!!
-OKAY- 
You can stop laughing now...
The kids & I refer to these shoes as 
'my ugly shoes'
HEE HEE HEE
I gotta say they're great for slipping on in a hurry though..
ya know 
like running Kynlee out to the bus,
taking the kids to school,
going to get the mail...
and
they're great for yard work too,
although I do worry about a spider crawling in them.
-Ewww-
..and just so ya know..
I don't go out in public like this,
I just crack myself up at home, in the car & in the yard.
Luckily I haven't broken down or ran out of gas in this get-up!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Elder Scott's talk brought tears to my eyes again and again. Thank you.

Jamie and Caro said...

I have those same shoes! Thanks mom for the lovely avon shoes that were on sale. As ugly as they are, they are AMAZING for the back when you are preggers.

Jamie and Caro said...

Oh, and if you don't have anyone to give McKynlee's old clothes to, we would love it! How adorable is that ballerina outfit? I could gobble her up she's so cute! I have those same leg warmers for Lili and I can't get enough of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...