Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Main Goal for 2008~

I often find myself setting extremely high expectations for myself and I am my own worst critic. Therefore, when I feel like I'm not doing just that... I start to find myself discouraged. I was looking through some old books that I'd already read and found this statement by President Gordon B. Hinkley and decided that this is what I'm going to strive to live by this new year:


"Rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will not set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know how. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass."

And to anyone else who tends to feels this way sometimes, I hope this thought will insprire you too!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Do you think I can have this made into a vinyl lettering sign the size of my fridge? I need to remember this everyday. This post inspired me!

Jamie and Caro said...

I like this as well. And your 'out with the old in with the new' post. How fun. I need to do something like that...now if I could just find the time!!! Hey, we're coming out for Elli's baby blessing because I have not yet met that new baby and I'm dying to see him!!!!

Kara said...

I want a copy also. I love it, it was exactly what I was thinking when it comes to goals. You know me mine is always weight but I decided this year I would work harder on my spirituality then on counting calories. Thanks for the inspiration. I have that THe Other Boelyn Girl book for you to borrow. We just need to meet. Anytime

Sandee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La said...

Very Inspiring!! I really appreciate that post it was just the thing I needed to read today. Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...