Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kynlee's 8th Birthday!

I can't believe she's 8! 
I was a little bit bummed on McKynlee's birthday this year... she was being grumpy for some reason and the fact that I knew she didn't really grasp that THAT day, her birthday was different or more special than any other day for her was getting to me. I just felt like we could go on with the day as usual and she'd never even know her birthday had passed. I guess I was having a little bit of a pity party wishing everything could be different. 


I think it was harder for me too because it was her 8th birthday. The year she would normally have the choice to be baptized and we'd be celebrating that as well, but she's not able to make that decision on her own therefore she's not going to be baptized and more importantly doesn't need to be (at least for now). Moroni 8:10 says, baptism is for those who are accountable and capable of committing sin and she is not. I know this, and really am grateful for that blessing for her, but I couldn't help but yearn for a normal little girl that could see and understand and enjoy her 8th birthday and a baptism too. That would've been nice. 


I was going to take her and the rest of the kids swimming at the pool, but with how grumpy she was I decided to keep her home and let her have her own personal pool party in the front yard instead. That was just as good for her!
For dinner we kept up with tradition and met up with the grandparents and Sherry and her kids since they were here visiting at Chuck-a-rama! By this time her grumpiness had drifted away and I was feeling better too, thank goodness!

1 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm sorry that her birthday wasn't what you wished it could have been for her and for you. But she sure does seem to love water! And I love watching her sit out in your front yard bobbing her head and waving her hands to her own music. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...