Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thursday I journaled...


Spring is trying to come but today it’s stormy and cold… The mountains are covered in snow and the clouds are hanging low. Sometimes I love this type of weather but I’m ready for the warmth of sunny spring days and to see the earth turn green and the trees overflowing with little white & pink blossoms.

McKynlee’s been a little grumpy ever since her surgery last week. It’s to be expected for the first couple of days after as she is trying to recover, but now it’s been over a week and she’s still grumpy. She comes home from school super cranky and tired. She often falls asleep somewhere between five and six and I’m finally relieved because it’s quiet and I don’t have to listen to her whine anymore, but I know with falling asleep that early she’s going to do what she normally does when that happens.. Wake up around midnight hungry and ready to party. She’s done this a lot over the last week and half. Then she takes a while to wind back down and go back to sleep, IF she ever does. Sometimes she doesn’t poop out and go back to sleep until seven in the morning when she’s supposed to be waking up to get ready for school. It becomes a vicious cycle for us and for her. Hopefully today will be better. 
Since surgery she’s only content when whatever is happening is all about her and what she wants to do. If ever I have to stop playing with/entertaining her to go do the dishes, help one of the other kids with something, cook dinner or heaven forbid I take a break to go to the bathroom, she starts to complain instantly. Before surgery she had her moments like that.. but most of the time she understood that there were our play times and then there were times where I had to take a break to do other things and she could entertain herself and wait patiently for when I could come play again. Now, she’s really clingy to me and wants to be doing something with me non-stop. It’s hard, it wears me out emotionally, mentally and physically. I’m hoping we can get back to normal soon.

When she came home today I was cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes. I brought her out to play in the water as I finished loading the dishwasher and cutting up strawberries. Playing in the water does wonders for her. It even helped her snap out of her crazy tantrum after coming out of surgery and waking up from the anesthesia. Thank goodness! 
 (all drugged up & playing with the water in the hospital bathroom after surgery)
After that I sat her down for a snack of strawberries and homemade bread and jam. She gobbled it up and enjoyed every bite. Then we had to leave and take the boys to guitar & drums. She was okay at first but then all she wanted was chicken nuggets. She complained the entire time we waited for the boys, continuously asking for chicken nuggets. Finally when the boys came out we headed to Wendy’s to get her some chicken nuggets. Again, she gobbled it all up and enjoyed every bite… and then she was happy! She actually played on her own once we got home. It was nice to finally have a break and hear her having fun & being her silly self instead of complaining and crying in the background. Today was a little bit better!

TODAY I JOURNALED...

My prayers were answered. 


McKynlee's been doing better & better each day. She's been happier and so am I. She got to go on a fun little field trip on Friday to Fat Cats Bowling Alley and had lunch at the Costa Vida. I'd love to see if she knocked down any pins without any sight! I'm sure she had fun none the less. She loves her teacher and the other kids in her class. 


Saturday Andres had to work so the kids and I spent the day at my parents house having lunch, watching movies and playing games. It was fun, we hadn't been up there to just hang out in a long time since they've been down south for the winter until just recently. Kynlee loves it when ever she gets to play with grandma and grandpa, she chased my Mom around in circles trying to catch her and giggled all the while!!!


It's still stormy & cold... but it's supposed to get warm & sunny later this week! Until then I'll just keep singing "green--- acres is the place to be!"

2 comments:

La said...

I happy to hear that she is doing better and so are you.

Kim said...

I really need to give you a ring-a-ding-ding! You have been on my mind lately and now I know why. I am happy that McKynlee is doing better since her surgery. I love reading your blog, it makes me feel the tiniest bit closer to you. Miss you like the craziest...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...