Wednesday, June 24, 2009

havin' a hard time gettin' my summer groove on...

I guess the fact that ALL of June up 'til just this week has been feeling more like Fall (grey skies.. rain, rain & more rain... and even chilly) may be a little to blame... I can't believe that we're already a month into Summer and we haven't done any REAL summer type activities yet. I've officially decided that "summer time" goes by way too fast.~ Up 'til now.. my kids have been wanting to be inside getting cozy, reading books, playing games... they even asked for hot cocoa a few times. What??? I don't ever remember doing that in June! Anyhoo.. it has still been fun, I'm just ready to take the kids swimming and feel the warmth of the sun. 


Summer has become kind of a double edged sword for me though. I love it, crave the break from school and have hopes to go and do fun things with my kids, but McKynlee puts a big damper on a lot of it. She is so unpredictable and often cries more than not or screams/complains... It's more of a painful chore to take her with us and try to have a good time, so I often find myself choosing to stay home and become even more frustrated that I can't freely go and do the things I would like to. The whole situation really tests my patience and takes it toll on a daily basis. She can be so fun and silly when she wants to... you just never know when that's going to be. Another thing that would make taking her and doing things so much easier, is if her communication was better and she could converse with us about what we are doing and why we are doing it. Last year was the first year that I ventured out and started taking her to the pool along with the other four kids all at once. I felt like Tanner was old enough as well as the others where they could help me keep an eye on him and I could be with McKynlee the whole time.. and she was pretty good while there since she liked playing in the water. Now that the weather is finally warming up, we need to start making good use of the punch card I bought back in May by getting everyone to the pool and I'm h.o.p.i.n.g that McKynlee will do as well with it as she did last year, if not better. 

Happy Summer to all... I hope you're having a good one!


1 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I am with you on the weather. This rain has been so unusual. I just have to tell you that you are such an inspiration. You always looks so pretty, fashionable and put together and your home is beautiful. I am hoping that you are able to spend many summer days by the pool. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...